Families and Friends of Louisiana’s Incarcerated Children (FFLIC) is hiring!
FFLIC seeks a creative, innovative, knowledgeable and detailed orientated Executive Assistant.
An Executive Assistant’s primary goal is to relieve the Executive Director (ED) of significant tasks so the ED can focus on the growth and sustainability of the organization.
THE EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT JOB ENTAILS THE FOLLOWING:
• Manage ED Calendar, Filters ED Mail/Emails and Prepares Daily Executive Memos
• Assure ED has all relevant materials ready for internal and external meetings
• Coordinate internal correspondence and communicates externally on behalf of ED
• Take calls, respond to general emails and interface with vendors and clients
• Coordinate a monthly newsletter
• Coordinate meetings: All ED Meetings, Regional Team Meetings and Chapter Meetings
• Assist and coordinate special events including fundraising activities
• Develop/Maintain organization’s communication materials and assist with website
• Proactively anticipate operational needs, centralize all documents, maintain files and office space
• Uphold strict level of confidentiality and sustain a high level of professionalism
• Additional duties as assigned by the ED
• Minimum 4+ years’ experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management
• Knowledgeable and resourceful regarding travel, research, and problem-solving
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint specifically) with an ability to become familiar with organization-specific programs
• Exceptional social skills, outgoing and a strong written and verbal communicator
• A go-getter with impeccable multi-tasking abilities who takes initiative and demonstrates leadership in productivity
• Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties, friendly, willing to work with a diverse staff and membership
• Able to drive and willing to travel
• Possesses knowledge of social justice, the prison industry, school discipline and child welfare system
• Is passionate about racial and economic justice and committed to the goal of reducing incarceration
• Has customer service and/or hospitality experience
Salary range: $28,000 – $30,000 plus benefits commensurate with experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter by March 31, 2017 to Sonji Hart, FFLIC, 1307 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd, Ste. 303 New Orleans, LA 70113; or email to [email protected] FFLIC is an EOE. No calls please.