FFLIC seeks a Lead Statewide Organizer!
Are you an experienced organizer interested in motivating community members and helping turnout brand new voters; helping impacted families advocate for their children in school and prison; developing campaigns and growing the movement to end the school to prison pipeline?
We are seeking a highly motivated and driven person to join our team to outreach to families and youth to “Get Out The Vote” (GOTV) and build the movement in Louisiana to end mass incarceration and school pushouts.
The Lead Statewide Organizer’s duties would include:
OUTREACH AND RECRUITMENT:
• Coordinating regular outreach to GOTV and recruitment of new FFLIC members in order to build a strong FFLIC chapter in our 4 chapter locations – (New Orleans, Lafayette, Lake Charles and Shreveport);
• Track and prepare canvassing plans (doors to knock) with member volunteers;
• Ensure data collected and contacts and new members are entered into our database;
• Develop any needed outreach materials with staff;
• Coordinate advocacy with staff for parents and families struggling with a child in the juvenile justice and school systems by following advocacy protocols and ensuring all information is databased for story circle and reporting needs across the state.
COMMUNITY BUILDING AND MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT:
• Working with designated staff to coordinate Leadership Development and Community Building Leadership training of FFLIC members in order to develop peer advocates and community leaders;
• Ensuring all attendance to trainings and databasing information from meetings.
TAKING ACTION AND CONFRONTING POWER:
• Coordinating local campaigns that empower members to transform the juvenile justice system; transform local school systems; demand quality community based programs and opportunities; and develop other local campaigns the membership deems necessary that stays with the FFLIC vision and mission;
• Coordinating statewide campaigns with members designated staff and making sure members are present and prepped for any direct actions;
• Developing and coordinating local campaigns in each chapter;
• Follow up with GOTV contacts to invite to various forums to gather input and support for the Peoples Platform
• Personal Professional Development
• Develop volunteer programs and supervise as needed
• Follow all organizational management protocol
• Other duties as assigned
• Knowledgeable and resourceful regarding GOTV, the juvenile justice system and school system in Louisiana
• A go-getter! Someone who takes initiative and leadership to implement a vision
• Passionate about racial and economic justice and committed to the goal of reducing incarceration and increasing funding for community based programs for youth
• Outgoing and a strong communicator, written and verbal.
• A team player, willing to work with a diverse staff and membership
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to travel the state of Louisiana
• Ability to work 40 hours per week
• Ability to work nights and weekends when necessary
• Has firsthand knowledge of the local juvenile justice and/or education system
• Has experience as an advocate and/or organizer with formal training
• Has campaign fundraising experience
Salary range: $30,000 – $35,000 annually. Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits 100% covered by the organization.
Please submit resume and cover letter to by May 31, 2019: Gina Womack, FFLIC, 1307 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd., Suite 303, New Orleans, LA 70113; or email to [email protected] No phone calls please!
FFLIC values diversity and is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. FFLIC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, or sexual orientation.