Families and Friends of Louisiana’s Incarcerated Children (FFLIC) seeks a 4th Quarter 2018 Fundraising Consultant!
Short-Term Objective: Delve into time-sensitive, FFLIC fundraising projects for 4Q’18 in order to fundraise from pledged donors as well as take advantage of the holiday charitable season and prepare proposals for 2019 funding opportunities
Key 4Q’18 Fundraising Projects
• Develop Re-occurring Monthly Giving Platform
• Follow-up with all Gala attendees who pledged $5.00 monthly giving contribution. Goal: Get 100 people signed up for $5.00 monthly gift to FFLIC
• Develop Holiday Fundraising Campaign for FFLIC – Target Goal TBD
• Develop FFLIC Fundraising Proposal for Corporations, Individual Donors and Foundations
• Work with Director and Deputy Director on Existing Fundraising Efforts
Long-Term Opportunity: FFLIC is looking to hire a full-time development and fundraising manager, which will be a salaried position with performance bonus and benefits. There is an opportunity for the fundraising consultant to become a full-time staffer should their work and performance in the fourth quarter temporary position go well.
Qualifications: Non-profit experience with fundraising and grant writing is a MUST. Applicants must be highly self-motivated, ability to work individually as well as with a team, have excellent written and communication skills, and possess superior organizational skills. Applicants should have a commitment to FFLIC’s mission and be passionate about racial and economic justice and human rights.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience. Hourly base salary + bonus for meeting certain fundraising targets will be provided.
To Apply: Qualified and interested applicants must submit all of the following to be considered for this position: Cover letter, Resume and 1-2 page grant writing and/or fundraising appeal writing sample. All materials should be emailed to both to Gina B. Womack, Co-Founder/Executive Director and Sonji Hart, Deputy Director: [email protected] and [email protected]
FFLIC values diversity and is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. FFLIC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, or sexual orientation.
About Families & Friends of Louisiana’s Incarcerated Children (FFLIC)
FFLIC is a grassroots, state-wide, membership-based, inter-generational organization working to transform the systems that fuel incarceration and abolish the school-to-prison pipeline. As youth, mothers and fathers, grandparents, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles and allies we seek to use leadership development, organizing, and advocacy to build strong, powerful families and communities and to fight for justice for our children and our communities.
• FFLIC’s Goals are to:
• Transform the juvenile justice system by divesting from youth prisons and investing in educational systems, including keeping our youth at home and in our communities;
• Dismantle the school to prison pipeline by reducing the number of youth who are suspended, expelled and school referred;
• Transform our communities by providing leadership development for parents and youth.
About Full-Time Development and Communications Manager Position
FFLIC seeks a creative, innovative, knowledgeable and detailed orientated Development and Communications Manager. This position is full-time, salaried with benefits and performance bonus eligible. This position will report directly to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Identify target audiences for donations and membership
• Increase awareness of our work to expand the base
• Deepen relevance with the base to expand and strengthen leadership pool
• Strengthen Brand Reputation and create style guide
• Marketing materials
• Social media
• Responsible, with Director, for oversight of all fund development efforts
• Development and implementation of a comprehensive fund development plan involving grant solicitations, a membership campaign, and individual solicitations
• Conduct prospect research, analyze donors and track donor information
• Motivate, coordinate, provide logistical support and involve the staff, board members, and other volunteers in the fund development campaign
• Prepare written reports to all funders according to the guidelines of each grant agreement
• Ensure that all communication with prospective and current funders is professional, accurate, and meets deadlines, including grant proposals, thank you letters, corporate solicitation packets, and reports to funders
• Identify and coordinate various fundraising opportunities, including special events
• Individual Giving, Major Gifts, Membership
• Deepening Donor Prospecting, Cultivation, Stewardship
• Donor correspondence
• Write Reports and strengthen this process
• Fundraising Management System
• Create and strengthen systems, policies and procedures
• Responsible for development with Director, and other staff as deemed appropriate, of an overall communication strategy and plan for FFLIC
• Preparation of marketing materials and support other staff members in developing marketing materials, including program brochures, sample letters, and media packets
• Oversee production of FFLIC’s annual report
• Monitor and update FFLIC’s website to ensure timely, accurate and effective content
• Draft all external communications (i.e. quarterly newsletters, holiday cards)
• Coordinate with media for special events
General Support of FFLIC Programs and Organization
• Responsible for organization, coordination and maintenance of library of reference materials: statistics, reports, news articles and others as needed
• Participate in project assessment and evaluation with staff
• Assist in coordination of meetings of FFLIC’s Board of Directors
• Assist in support role in various other work (day at the capitol, focus groups, etc.)