Organizing and Campaign Manager
About the Position:
This is an exciting opportunity to be an agent of change of the youth justice system and education system within Louisiana. The Organizing and Campaign Manager will play a central role supporting the chapter leaders, members, and staff to coordinate advocacy and outreach strategies all with the goal of transforming the youth justice and education systems into equitable and supportive systems that work for all youth, especially youth of color. This position will work closely with chapter leaders, parents, family members, and youth throughout Louisiana to design, build, and execute campaigns. The Organizing and Campaign Manager will play an instrumental role in developing and implementing an outreach and recruitment strategy, build and sustain the membership base, and provide coordination support to engage membership in campaign activities.
Ideal candidates will have strong problem-solving skills to assist with the daily operation of an organization, leading talent management, and building organizational culture.
Outreach and Recruitment:
- Identifying and supporting parents, caretakers, and families struggling with a child in the education and youth justice systems as well as system-involved youth themselves.
- Build, recruit, and sustain engagement with our membership base through various strategies inclusive of digital organizing techniques to ensure effective outreach during and post-pandemic.
- Collaborate with chapter leaders and other staff to develop and implement an outreach plan.
- Coordinate and facilitate FFLIC’s statewide annual membership meeting with chapter leaders and staff.
- Ensure all information collected by chapter leaders from families is databased for reporting needs across the state.
- Develop strategic partnerships with organizations working within or in the intersection of youth justice or education reform arenas.
Community Building and Membership Development:
- Collaboratively work with chapter leaders and other designated staff to develop and conduct Leadership Development and Community Building Leadership training of members to develop peer advocates and community leaders.
- Coordinate quarterly membership drives with chapter leaders and other designated staff.
- Support growth of chapter leaders as they continue to build their skillset.
- Coordinate with chapter leaders to prepare members for any direct actions related to statewide and local campaigns.
Taking Action and Confronting Power:
- Collaborate with chapter leaders to lead chapter meetings with parents in all chapter locations.
- Coordinate and develop (with chapter leaders and members) statewide and local campaigns in each of FFLIC’s chapters that empower members to transform the youth justice system; transform local school systems; demand quality community-based programs and opportunities; and develop other local campaigns the membership deems necessary within FFLIC’s vision and mission.
- Help membership base develop campaign goals, strategies, and tactics to achieve outcomes on specific issue areas.
- Coordinate with chapter leaders’ members participation in the LA HOOP (Harvesting Opportunities Outside of Prison) Coalition to end the rebuilding youth prisons.
- Coordinate FFLIC’s annual Love Beyond Bars Campaign with chapter leaders and other staff.
- Coordinate and support Get Out The Vote (GOTV) activities.
- Effectively collaborate with partner organization-led campaigns and activities.
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for this position has a proven commitment to improving lives of children and youth while possessing the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Prior work experience in social justice, racial equity, and/or civil rights.
- Prior work experience collaborating with or working within public systems a plus.
- Experience working with youth with a focus on youth development or youth leadership.
- Strong project management and facilitation experience.
- Strong writing and communication skills, grant writing and fundraising experience a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively with people from diverse backgrounds and experience.
- Commitment to working collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.
- Ability to build teams and motivate staff and members to work together towards FFLIC’s collective goals.
- Ability to manage multiple details while focusing on moving the big picture.
- Ability to pivot and work effectively to support communities in crisis.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a vehicle, and auto insurance; must be able to pass a criminal background check and travel throughout the state of Louisiana.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. We provide a generous benefits package with 100% employer paid insurance premiums and 4 weeks paid vacation.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Your application must include: 1) cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) writing sample. Include “Organizing and Campaign Manager” in the subject line. Please email application materials directly to FFLlC’s Deputy Director, Sonji Hart at email@example.com. We will not accept calls.
FFLIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FFLIC values diversity and is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. FFLIC does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, or sexual orientation.
Last updated 5/23/22